I had written a long farewell post about leaving China when our internet crashed and I lost the post. *sigh*
I did recreate some of it here with a few favourite photos - most of them in this post not even taken by me! The remainder of our Shanghai adventures are in the post before this one, the photographs posted by my wonderful friend, Jane, who did so much to make this blog the wonderful record that it is.
And so the last post...
First, our wonderful guide and friend, MaRui. It was exciting planning the trip with her and the entire trip went smoothly because of her care and attention to detail. Not only was she with us on each adventure, she would spend time translating documents in our hotel rooms, researching places to go, and facilitating contacts with people and places throughout the country. Saying goodbye to MaRui tomorrow (even if only until next time!) will be the hardest part of leaving China. Travelling with my extended family has been a gift. My daughters of course, but to have my parents and my sister, brother-in-law and nieces (one who is 6, and one 17) with us for this special 15 days has added a comfort and joy that cannot be replaced.
And my friends - old and new...how much fun to laugh with those we like and respect and enjoy day in and day out. We are so lucky.
We miss all of you at home and look forward to seeing you and filling in more about our adventures.
But China - we love this country and people. We will be back - MaRui is waiting for us!
Saturday, March 20, 2010
A China Farewell
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
What a wonderful journey. I will make sure that i hook up with your wonderful guide for our next trip back in a couple of years. I can't believe it is over and I think you are on route as I write this note. Safe travels and can't wait to see you and hear of your adventures. Love to all,
Shauna and MacLean
xoxo
Had to get the kleenext out for this last post Lianne - even the abbreviated version :) I'm so glad the trip was everything you planned and hoped for. See you soon!
Great to know that your ready to comeback to Canada and your already missing MaRui. I'm so excited to see that Branna is going to be back on Monday you had great pictures and hoping to make sure that you come home safe and sound.Have a safe trip home!!!
Olivia and Family
Hi all -
We do not arrive home until Sunday evening around 7:30. Due to jetlag, the girls will probably not be back in school until Tuesday.
have a lump in my throat as I read this -- going to be a sad day of sorts..
thank you for all your work on this trip
Hi Lianne,
Been reading your travel log and enhjoying it very much. Lovely pictures and sentiment.
What a wonderful experience for all.
Heather (sister's friend)
As we landed in San Francisco about five hours ago, we looked back over the Pacific knowing you were mid-air somewhere out there.
We love you and miss you already.
I'm sure you're home lounging on the couch right about now .... or buried under laundry piles??? *grin* We need a chick night soon to catch up in person. Welcome home!
I'm so happy to hear that it was such a great trip! I'm sure it will be unforgettable. And I bet spending it with the people that you hold so dear made it all the more special :) Thanks for sharing the wonderful journey with us, Lianne. Look forward to catching up in person!
Post a Comment