
I am not going to write much here about today as I think the pictures will speak for themselves. I will say that this was one of the most beautiful trips of my life ... and travelling by boat down the Li River, through the Guilin Mountains, lived up to all my dreams.
We left our hotel early and headed to the river docks to board our boat for the day. We would spend the next 5+ hours cruising along and enjoying what each bend of the river brought to us. Enjoy the trip...



The famous Osmanthus trees of this region make a sweet wine that many of us tasted...
While Dad considered the offered Snake Wine, but passed!
We regularly left our cabin to watch the passing scenery from the top deck.

Finally, after a lovely day, we reached the end of the cruise and departed in Yangshuo, which has a wonderful market...especially for those of us who love to shop. Here are some snapshots of that part of our adventure!




After a couple of hours, we were picked up in large golf carts (really!) and transported through the small town to the parking lot where all the tour buses wait. Look at this picture - is it not one of the most beautiful parking lots you have ever seen?

We then left Yangshuo and passed back through the Mountains to the Guilin airport where we caught our flight to our next destination - Chengdu. By the time we arrived in the hotel and waited briefly for our hotel keys, the kids were drooping (and so were their parents)...

But the memory of the beauty we travelled through and lived with the last two days still makes me smile. Guilin will have a place in my heart always.


(Thanks again to b-i-l Damian Steel and his lovely camera for this last shot.)
8 comments:
Love the pics of the mountains - so beautiful! You all look so relaxed...
The pic of your Dad refusing the wine is priceless! Also love the pics of Cassidy and Bryanna in the market...and yes, a beautiful parking lot!
Can't wait to read about what happens next, while we are sleeping! :)
Hey guys, looks like you are all having a great time...and the pictures are amazing...I am sure you are happy you got your new camera Lianne...these pictures make me feel like a trip is in order...everything is great at CMA, I did go down to your end of the office and said to Brenda 'sure is quiet down here with Lianne not here' she laughed, and said she would be telling you what I said when you return...miss you at the office, but enjoy.
BEAUTIFUL and stunning is all I can say! What a wonderful day on the river.
a wonderful reflection on our day --- your camera did justice to the great scenery...
It was a glorious day for sure. I'm glad your vision of China came true.
I'm with you Lianne, Gulin/Yangshuo is an amazing place to visit and the favourite part of my trip. Fond memories have been revived with your beautiful photos and stories. Can't wait to hear about the Chengdu adventures; especially the Buddha! Keep the pics coming.
Cheers
Steph & gang (who are enjoying the relaxing atmosphere of the first morning of March Break :-)
We're enjoying every single picture, but particularly the ones on the Li River - what a beautiful vision!!! Your descriptions make me feel like we are there with you - until I look out the window and see the gray, rainy days.
Say hi to MaRui and the Tucci's for us! Enjoy Chengdu, and looking forward to that part of your blog.
Jane, Steve and co.
So beautiful.
I'm inspired to visit.....
Wow indeed! They look so picture perfect :)
Post a Comment